Each Institute hereby agrees that TEFLPA will collect Publication Fees payments, which constitute a fixed amount made payable to TEFLPA to publish an individual Job Advert on the Site and Services for 30 days. Institutes may publish more than one Job Advert at a time. As an Institute, you agree to pay TEFLPA the Publication Fees to publish any Job Advert submitted in connection with your TEFLPA Account on the Site and Services. In order to publish your Job Advert, you understand and agree that TEFLPA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to (i) obtain a pre-authorisation via your credit card for the Publication Fees or (ii) charge your credit card for the Publication Fees in accordance with the terms and conditions in these Terms and the pricing terms shown on the Site and Services. Please note that TEFLPA cannot control any fees that may be charged to you by your bank or third-party payment processor related to TEFLPA’s collection of the Publication Fees, and TEFLPA disclaims all liability in this regard.
TEFLPA does not endorse any Members or any Tuition. In addition, although these Terms require Members to provide accurate information, we do not attempt to confirm, and do not confirm, any Member’s purported identity. You are responsible for determining the identity and suitability of others whom you contact and interact with via the Site and Services. TEFLPA will not be responsible for any damage or harm resulting from your interactions with other Members both on and external to the Site and Services.
By using the Site or Services, you agree that any legal remedy or liability that you seek to obtain for the actions or omissions of other Members or other third parties will be limited to a claim against the particular Members or other third parties who caused you harm and you agree not to attempt to impose liability on, or seek any legal remedy from TEFLPA with respect to such actions or omissions. Accordingly, we encourage you to communicate directly with other Members on the Site and Services regarding any bookings or Listings made by you where applicable.
English Tutor Ranking and Student Reviews
As an English Tutor you acknowledge and agree that the Site will contain public feedback from Members to whom you have provided Tuition. You acknowledge that feedback may consist of comments and ratings left by other Members and that TEFLPA will calculate a feedback number from 0 – 100% based on how your students rate you as an English Tutor and another number based on whether or not they would "recommend” you to other people and that these numbers can be used to rank you in the TEFLPA tutor search engine. English Tutors agree to be rated by Students against several criteria, as determined by TEFLPA, and TEFLPA does not monitor, investigate or censor feedback posted by Members for accuracy or reliability unless a Member brings the posting to TEFLPA's attention. TEFLPA is not legally responsible for any feedback or comments posted or made available on this Site and Services by any Members or third parties, even if that information is defamatory or otherwise legally actionable.
- copy, store or otherwise access any information contained on the Site, Services or Content for purposes not expressly permitted by these Terms;
- infringe the rights of any person or entity, including without limitation, their intellectual property, privacy, publicity or contractual rights;
- interfere with or damage our Site or Services, including, without limitation, through the use of viruses, cancel bots, Trojan horses, harmful code, flood pings, denial-of-service attacks, packet or IP spoofing, forged routing or electronic mail address information or similar methods or technology;
- use our Site or Services to transmit, distribute, post or submit any information concerning any other person or entity, including without limitation, photographs of others without their permission, personal contact information or credit card, debit card, calling card or account numbers;
- use our Site or Services in connection with the distribution of unsolicited email ("spam"), commercial or otherwise, or advertisements unrelated to looking for, receiving, listing or providing English Tuition;
- threaten, abuse, disrupt, stalk, harass or otherwise violate the legal rights of any other user of our Site or Services or collect or store any personally identifiable information about any other user other than for purposes of transacting as a TEFLPA Student, Institute or English Tutor;
- offer, as an English Tutor, any Tuition that could infringe the rights of any person or entity, including without limitation, their intellectual property, privacy, publicity or contractual rights;
- as an Institute, publish any Job Adverts that could infringe the rights of any person or entity, including without limitation, their intellectual property, privacy, publicity or contractual rights;
- register for more than one TEFLPA Account or register for an TEFLPA Account on behalf of an individual other than yourself;
- contact an English Tutor for any purpose other than asking a question related to a booking, or such English Tutor’s Tuitions or Listings;
- contact a Student for any purpose other than asking a question related to a confirmed booking or such Student’s use of the Site and Services;
- when acting as a Student, Institute or otherwise, recruit or otherwise solicit any English Tutor or other Member to join third-party services or websites that are competitive to TEFLPA, without TEFLPA’s prior written approval;
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsify or otherwise misrepresent yourself or your affiliation with any person or entity;
- use automated scripts to collect information or otherwise interact with the Site or Services;
- use the Site and Services to find an English Tutor or Student and then complete a booking of an Tuition transaction independent of the Site or Services in order to circumvent the obligation to pay the Confirmation Fees related to TEFLPA’s provision of the Services;
- as an English Tutor, submit any Listing with false or misleading price information, or submit any Listing with a price that you do not intend to honour;
- as an Institute, submit any Job Advert with false or misleading information, or submit any Job Advert with information that you do not intend to honour;
- post, upload, publish, submit or transmit any Content that: (i) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (iii) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive; (iv) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive; (v) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (vi) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any other person; or (vii) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances;
- systematically retrieve data or other content from our Site or Services to create or compile, directly or indirectly, in single or multiple downloads, a collection, compilation, database, directory or the like, whether by manual methods, through the use of bots, crawlers, or spiders, or otherwise;
- use, display, mirror or frame the Site, or any individual element within the Site and/or Services, TEFLPA’s name, any TEFLPA trademark, logo or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page, without TEFLPA’s express written consent;
- access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Site, TEFLPA’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of TEFLPA’s providers;
- attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any TEFLPA system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
- avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble, or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by TEFLPA or any of TEFLPA’s providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Site, Services or Collective Content;
- forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting, or in any way use the Site, Services or Collective Content to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
- attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Site, Services or Collective Content; or advocate, encourage, or assist any third party in doing any of the foregoing;
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to any of the Site and Services, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Site and Services.